Friday, May 14, 2010

i'm a mom who wears a cape!




because i'm SUPER MOM! but seriously, now that I'm back at work I've really developed a crazy respect for mom's that wear both hats.




Going back to work was one of the harder decisions that Andrew and I have had to make since we have been married. And I am so glad that it is working out in our favor. Working has been good for my soul. I, too easily, got lost somehow while being at home all day by myself. Going back has helped me snap back. I am so happy. I love my job and I love being at home when I am with the baby. Who seems to be growing faster than I can keep up with.




It's been a while since i've updated this thing so to keep you all up to speed. We (me and Henry) drove to Utah with my parents to help move my sister down after graduating. It was Henry's first road trip and i was a little worried. But he is a super traveler and loved it. You know he loves something when he starts yelling and giggling. both of which were actively present during the drive up. I cannot lie, the 18 hour trip up was more enjoyable than the 18 hour trip back. It always seems to take longer to get back home than to get away.




The drew started a new job. We are both very excited. It will be nice to see where this one takes us. I really admire him and all that he does for our little family. He works full time and goes to school full time, he's a full time dad and husband and always remembers where we fall in the priority lineup.




with both of us working and juggling the baby it's like learning a whole new routine. new routines are nice, but the first few weeks are always in need of a serious learning curve. dinners are messed up, bedtimes are a little crazy, and the apartment, well, my somewhat tidy routine turned into an 'ahhh, my day is done. i'm going to bed, i don't care what the living room looks like' routine. we have slowly begun to transition into a more steady routine in the past couple days. dinners are getting done in time, thanks to a crock pot and the laundry is getting folded and put away. Henry has become quite fond of the grandparents and grandpa cline is his new buddy. he gets very excited when he gets to hang out with him for the day. (i think it's because grandpa fed him ice cream)




i've started a new project. I'm going to finish this old chair that i have had sitting around for a couple of years. i bought it back in 2005 at a thrift store, knowing that it needed to be sanded, re-finished and i would need to make new pillow forms for it. It sat on the back burner for a long time, a very long time. when i got pregnant i quickly decided again, that 'the chair' would be my new focus and i would finish it before i had that baby. well, now that Henry is 8 months old and my chair still isn't done, it once again got put on the back burner. It will be done this time. I have had to mend it a little bit, and my wood filler has quickly become my new best friend. i will show before and after photos when i get it done.

1 comment:

  1. henry is such a hunk!! I'm glad that things are working out with the job and everything!! Its hard not seeing you as much though!!!

    ReplyDelete